Friday, July 18, 2008

Photographers Shot At Eastside Fire

A WISH-TV photographer and a freelance photographer were shot early this morning while firefighters fought a blaze at an abandoned house in the 800 block of N. Tacoma Street. A firefighter's air tank was also hit. Both shooting victims were taken to Methodist Hospital according to the Star's Tom Spalding. WISH-TV's Kevin Hankins has been released. "I was just gathering shots around the scene and then all of sudden heard a pop and felt something on my left back," said Hankins. Fox59 News is reporting a fire at a second abandoned house. You may recall that Indianapolis suffered a rash of fires at abandoned homes on the City's southeast side last year. Also, Fox News reports that a shooting outside Club Industry this morning led to a high speed chase by police ending with a rollover of the fleeing SUV on Keystone Avenue. Just another night in the City.

4 comments:

artfuggins said...

There are always shootings at Club Industry. I think maybe it is part of the entertainment.

Mann Law, P.C. said...

Maybe Mitch needs to bring in the National Guard. That's right they are in Iraq.

Chandler said...

What? There must not have been any "Peace in the streets" signs posted in this area! I am sure that they would have stopped the shootings!

Eclecticvibe said...

Is there a liquor license attached to Club Industry? I can't find anything under that name. I believe I've heard it's a catering license. Marion County liquor enforcement never ceases to amaze me.