Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Advance Indiana Needs Your Support

Advance Indiana has been providing what we believe is a valuable service to the people of Indiana since 2005. We greatly appreciate the support many of our long-time readers have provided over the years. With 9,500 published posts and more than 8.5 million views, Advance Indiana has become the most-read political blog in Indiana. If you like having an alternative source for your daily news, please support our efforts. The special interest groups don't fund Advance Indiana like they are funding other news organizations, mainstream or otherwise. Your support is critical. Use our PayPal account to contribute or drop us a check in the mail. Thanks again for your continued support and encouragement.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the address to mail a check to?

Andy said...

Is your email your PAyPal account?

Gary R. Welsh said...

To contribute though PayPal click on that link and follow the instructions. My e-mail address is gwelsh@indy.rr.com. You can mail payments addressed and made out to me at 320 N. Meridian, Suite #615, Indianapolis, IN 46204.

Anonymous said...

I will be sending you a check tomorrow! I don't always agree with you but I think you do a great job. Everyone who reads this should be throwing a few bucks Gary's way! Come on folks!

Anonymous said...

Like the site. Don't like not having comments posted. Those Urban Indy fruitbags do enough of that.

Anonymous said...

Do you take Bitcoin or Krugerands?

Marycatherine Barton said...

I am not surprised to learn that you are the most-read political blog in Indiana. Your belated Valentine contribution is in the mail.

Gary R. Welsh said...

LOL, Anon. 8:35. The Krugerands sound great. The government doesn't think much of Bitcoins.

Thanks, Marycatherine and anon. 6:12.

Anon. 8:05, 99% of comments are published.

Anonymous said...

Gary, could you please provide more info for a loyal reader who has absolutely no idea how much time or money it takes to do what you do here, and therefore has no idea what size of contribution Is necessary to keep you going? Thank and keep up the good work!

Gary R. Welsh said...

Anon., As you can see, I probably put in at least 3 to 4 hours a day on the blog, not counting additional research I do on some topics to give readers more information I don't think they're getting from other news sources. I frequently get phone calls from people who want to talk to me about an issue based on them following my blog activities, which can consume a lot of time. I don't put a value on the time that I put into the blog. I enjoy doing it, and I feel I'm helping fill a void missing in the news reporting you would otherwise have to rely upon. I leave it up to the discretion of those interested in contributing on how much they want to donate. The size of donations varies considerably and all are appreciated.

Anonymous said...

We should all give! This is one of the best blogs in the state. Very insightful and requires a lot of work. Let's reward this hard work.