Sunday, June 24, 2012

Jogger Attacked By Gang Of Teen-Agers On Canal

Yet another senseless attack has occurred along Indianapolis' downtown Canal. A man out jogging says a group of male teen-agers attacked him for no apparent reason and then ran off. From Fox 59 News:

Metro police officers are investigating another brutal attack along the downtown Canal after a man said he was jumped by a group of men while jogging.
J.R Keller said it happened around 10 p.m. Wednesday next to the fountain near Indiana and Michigan. He was jogging past a group of eight young men, ages 16-18, when he felt someone kick him in the back.
“I got kicked really hard, like right in the small of my back and that's what knocked me down. And so I hit the side of my face. And as soon as I hit the ground, I felt one kick in my face, like right on my cheek and then I felt another one right on the side of my head," recalled Keller. "I was just shaking. My legs were shaking,"
Keller suffered a black eye and a scraped knee. He said the men ran off without taking anything from him. Two women walking nearby called 911.
IMPD has been talking about stepping up patrols in the area after an out-of-town couple was senselessly attacked and robbed on the Canal during the Memorial Day weekend. Unsupervised teens roaming the Canal are blamed for the increased crime problem in the area.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just a wild guess. The victim is white, and the gang members were black.
Why would I say that? Because the article did not describe either. That almost always means they are being politically correct.

CircleCityScribe said...

Where is the audit of the Public Safety Budget? -I'd like to know why we don't have enough police.