- The average tax bill is 34% higher than last year's bill;
- Only 20% of the tax bills have been mailed--others will take up to a week to arrive;
- Assessments on homeowners increased on average about 22%;
- Sen. Luke Kenley asks why Mayor Bart Peterson isn't proposing to use an increase in the county option local income tax to offset property taxes instead of new spending;
- Matt Tully thinks the legislature is to blame for Marion County's property tax problem, which contradicts about everything else I read in the Star today.
Sunday, July 01, 2007
It's All About Property Taxes
There's plenty of information in today's Star about the skyrocketing property taxes homeowners are feeling this year in Marion County. Here some items of note: