The Vince Lombardi Trophy is coming home to Indianapolis with the Colts 29-17 victory over the Chicago Bears. A few thoughts about tonight's game:
- Who knew rain would be such a big factor in tonight's game?
- Peyton Manning finally removes a huge burden hanging over his shoulders, proving once and for all he is capable of winning the big game.
- CBS Sports pre-game coverage was all about the Colts. Bears fans had to be livid.
- Billy Joel delivered the absolute worst rendition of the national anthem in major sporting event history.
- Prince's half-time show was one of the lamest in recent memory.
- I'm glad I got to watch the game at home instead of the rain-soaked stands in Miami.
The Star is reporting a victory parade for the Colts will be held downtown on Monday at 4:30 p.m. followed by a rally in the RCA Dome. The parade will begin on Maryland Street at West Street; head east to Illinois Street; turn north to New York Street and then east to Meridian Street. It will then turn south on Meridian and proceed around the west side of Monument Circle and continue south on Meridian Street to Georgia Street. From Georgia Street it will head west to the RCA Dome for a celebration. Because of the cold weather, news reports suggest the team will remain in buses throughout the parade.