|Merrillville businessman Dean White (Northwest Indiana Times photo)|
Chase's analysis found that White was the number one, two or three top contributors to five of the top Republican campaign committees, including the Indiana Republican State Committee. Democrats had no single individual contributing anywhere close to the amount of money White is contributing to Republicans. Here's a summary of Chase's analysis of White's generous donations to state Republicans.
- Nearly $1.1 million to the Indiana Republican State Committee, the Hoosier GOP's main overarching fund. White was the third largest donor to this fund.
- Nearly $1.1 million to the House Republican Campaign Committee, a powerful partisan war chest fueling the political fortunes of dozens of Statehouse delegates throughout Indiana. White was the biggest single donor to this fund.
- $775,000 to Gov. Mike Pence's campaign fund. White was second only to the Republican Governor's Association, which provided $1.1 million to Pence's campaign.
- $675,000 to Indiana House Speaker Brian Bosma's campaign, making White the largest single donor to the top legislative Republican's campaign fund.
- $375,000 to the Indiana Senate Majority Campaign fund, making White the second-leading contributor to the political fortunes of Senate Republicans. Only Indiana Senate President David Long contributed more to this fund, with $733,800.
Excuse me, but have folks already forgotten that Indianapolis taxpayers were forced to dump nearly $65 million into the construction of White's J.W. Marriott Hotel in downtown Indianapolis? If White only had to donate $4 million to get a $65 million gift from taxpayers, I would consider that a pretty good return on investment. Wouldn't you? I'm surprised these folks have already forgotten about that. Who could forget that big gala event as part of its grand opening where White's son, Dean, said he had an unlimited budget to entertain at the closed party for only the elite insiders, who were entertained by Diana Ross, provided free hotel accommodations at the luxury hotel and given all the free food and drink they wanted.