Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Palin Rally Set For Verizon Center In Noblesville

Gov. Sarah Palin's first appearance in Indiana will be a the Verizon Center in Noblesville this Friday. The rally kicks off at 4:30 p.m. with doors opening at 3:00 p.m. You can reserve tickets for the event by going to www.johnmccain.com, or you can pick up tickets at the state party headquarters at 47 S. Meridian or county GOP headquarters at 120 E. Vermont Street. Anyone who has ever ventured to a concert at Verizon knows what a parking lot I-69 can become. An event planned this late on a Friday afternoon should make the traffic problem even worse. Start early if you plan to take in the rally.

5 comments:

Covenant60 said...

Is there another way to get there besides taking I69?

Ashley said...

Oh man, this is exactly why every time I drive home (to Fort Wayne) from school I mention to whatever poor soul is with me that that portion of 69 needs expanded. I am so doomed on my way home for fall break on Friday.

Sir Hailstone said...

Ashley - I believe the southernmost 10 miles or so is scheduled for expansion in the next few years as a part of Major Moves.

Anonymous said...

Michael,

You can take 146th street all the way East. Either way, the wait will be long. Took me 2 hours yesterday just to get tickets.

Downtown Indy said...

Wouldn't it have been interesting to set it up for the fairgrounds? Then we could have compared turnouts under equal conditions.

Although I do find it somewhat intriguing that the fairgrounds is in a predominantly-black area and Verizon is in a predominantly-white area. Was this just coincidental?