Friday, March 27, 2009

My Apologies To Abdul

I wanted to apologize to Abdul for questioning the number of jobs he claims to hold. When I challenged him to list all of his jobs, he listed the following in addition to his WXNT radio show gig: "RTV 6, Atty-Illinois, Ivy Tech, University of Indianapolis, comedian, author (will be published later this year) media consultant (out of state)." Indeed, the Star's database of state employees lists Abdul Hakim Shabazz as earning $3,760 a year at Ivy Tech Central Indiana. That's one high-paying teaching gig. Maybe he should consult with Representatives Pat Bauer, Bill Crawford and Craig Fry on how to earn big bucks working part-time for the school.

7 comments:

M Theory said...

Gary, I love you but that's not cool. Even if he got paid $100, it's important to pass on knowledge to youth and teaching is important.

There are better things than being an educator if you want to crack on Abdul.

And I know what he called you on his blog the other day. His words about you were uncalled for and tacky.

He's still really angry that you outted him as being the writer behind the Indy Undercover blog.

I for one, believe you. Mostly because the Joe Friday blog was written by someone with a high level of communication skill, someone savvy with both politics and the media. Also, Abdul never denied he was the writer behind Indy Undercover, which was a very good read while it lasted.

Gary R. Welsh said...

It's a matter of public record, Melyssa, what he is paid. Lighten up. He's a big boy. He can give as good as he receives. And by the way, he's the one that boasted that he earned a big six-figure income on his Facebook site.

Gary R. Welsh said...

And by the way, Melyssa, it was Abdul who was running around spreading rumors that I was behind IndyUndercover to deflect attention away from him. He just laughed it up when a couple of bloggers published posts falsely accusing me with his encouragement. People need to know what a fraud he is.

garyj said...

I was accused of running the indyundercover blog at one time. I think indyernie was as well.

I thought it was Bart Peterson that ran it, just so he could find out what the people really thought of him.

Bart Lies said...

I heard it was ME!

Gary R. Welsh said...

A sworn police affidavit filed with a Marion County court identified Abdul Hakim Shabazz as the moderator of IndyUndercover based on the subpoenaed records of IP providers.

M Theory said...

:( No one ever said it was me that wrote Indy Undercover.