- 100 Black Men ($50,000)
- Boys II Men ($15,000)
- Emanuel Baptist Church ($80,000)
- Great Commission Church of God ($71,352)
- Indiana Black Expo ($80,000)
- Indianapolis Ten Point Coalition ($170,000)
- New Light Christian Church ($20,000)
- Progress House ($160,000)
- Tanniehill Wrestling ($40,000)
- Use What You Got Prison Ministries ($50,000)
As you watch competing forces fight over limited budget resources in the coming months, take a look at how much money your city is pissing away on these useless grants. The grants should help stimulate some new car purchases for area automobile dealers and some clothing and jewelry purchases for area retailers if past experience is any indication. We may as well waste the money on grants to the arts organizations if we've got this much money to throw away. The cost of administering these grants will add another half million dollars to the tab, bringing the total annual cost to $5 million.
Flashback to remind you of the origins of these grants.