- Harrison is under investigation for a shooting that took place this past Tuesday at 5:00 p.m. one block from a garage and car detail shop owned by Harrison.
- Six shots were fired, hitting an unidentified 32-year-old man--who had just had a fistfight with Harrison. The man suffered a gunshot wound to the hand, while a 2-year old boy suffered a cut under his eye from glass that showered him after a bullet struck a car windshield.
- The gunshot victim initially lied to police about where he was shot. It turns out the man had been kicked out of Harrison's bar two weeks earlier and had been feuding with him since.
- Police retrieved from Harrison's garage and detail shop a Belgian firearm, FN5.7 on Wednesday. Police described the gun Harrison turned over to them as a high-powered weapon which fires armor-piercing rounds. Harrison acknowledges being the owner of the gun and ballistic tests confirm that five of the six shots fired during the shooting came from Harrison's gun.
- Police further report that a man contacted them Friday night also claiming to have been shot by Harrison. Police have not been able to find the man who made the telephone call.
- Police say Harrison was questioned by police for four hours accompanied by an attorney. He denies he shot anyone, although he admits to the fistfight with the shooting victim.
Saturday, May 03, 2008
Philly News Sheds More Light On Marvin Harrison's "Fistfight"
An online Star story by Mike Chappell says that Colts receiver Marvin Harrison is not the subject of an investigation into a shooting which took place earlier this week near a Philadelphia business Harrison owns. Tom Condon, Harrison’s agent, told ESPN’s Chris Mortensen: “I’ve spoken with Marvin and I’ve spoken with his attorney, and they say the reports are erroneous. Marvin was not involved in any shooting, and he is not the subject of this investigation.’’ The agent's claim in the Star report seems at odds with a report in today's Philadelphia Daily News. The facts that can be surmised from this report are: