Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day Is Here!

I will be working as an election judge at my precinct in Lockerbie today so don't expect any updates from me until after the polls have closed. The Marion County Clerk's Office reported receiving over 90,000 absentee ballots as of noon yesterday when early voting ended. The final number could be more than four times the number of recorded absentee votes in 2004. Statewide, the number of absentee ballots was 572,000, or about 12% of the registered voters. It could be a very busy day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I for one welcome our new overlord.

Eclecticvibe said...

Not all of the absentee ballots were delivered to the polls before they closed. I worked as a "Commisioner" and I know that I brought some ballots for 15 or so precincts back to the city county building after 6:00 pm because the polls closed before they could all be delivered. I ASSUME the ballots were counted by hand at election headquarters, but I'm not sure about that. Otherwise I thought the election ran smoothly from what I could see from my vantage point at the City County building.

straight up said...

Congratulations, America. You voted an inexperienced neophyte into office. For those Black voters who were (understandably) opening a historical door, you will find, along with the rest of those of us who did not vote for Obama, that the bar you helped set isnt that high, and for all the talk about how 'bad' GW Bushs' presidency was, I can almost bet my next paycheck that most Americans will be missing GW, fairly soon.