Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Joe Biden Talking Disease

ABC News' Jake Tapper has some great quotes from Sen. Joe Biden when he fell victim to his own "Joe Biden Talking Disease" at a West Palm Beach event and ignored pleas from staff to stop talking. There was the Obama/Osama slip-up:

[W]hen Biden was discussing the mountainous Afghanistan-Pakistan border "where Obama, Osama Bin Laden lives, and Obama wants to go to get him."

Joe discussing the campaign's response to Swiftboat-like attacks:

[T]hey would respond with "a straight left and a right hook. Hey baby, I want to tell ya, we ain't laying down, We are not going to lay down. Period. If you know anything about me, that's what worries people. We are not going to lay down."

Joe trying to assure the audience Obama is just another "average Joe" like him:

[W]hen I hear people say, ‘Hey Joe, geez, I understand your values. I connect with you. But I don’t know about that other guy.’ Let me tell you something. Let me tell you something. If Barack Obama grew up in my neighborhood in Scranton or Claymont or Wilmington, Delaware, he would have been the guy who had my back. If Barack Obama had grown up in my neighborhood, he would have been the same guy he is now.

"I’ve got to tell you, I’m tired," Biden continued. "Let me tell you. If you’re looking for a very sophisticated, Harvard graduate who went to Columbia undergrad and was president of the Law Review, he’s totally intellectual. Baby, you ain’t seen nothing yet. This guy is steel. This guy is steel, and I assure you that."

A Harvard graduate who is steel? Okay, Joe. Not that Biden's meanderings hadn't already reminded his audience of his age, he had to share this little bit about being "rolled out":

But I watched when they, when Barack, as they say, 'rolled out,' his, his, Vice President nominee. Half of the people in America thought I was going to get 'rolled out.' I don’t know.


And then there was this one out of left field where Biden assured the audience he wasn't into young guys anymore:

"So, you know, I don’t like young guys anymore."

Now, this is just what Biden said at one event. This guy talks like this daily. Have you heard anything quite as silly from Gov. Palin? On that note, let's see an encore performance of Joe singing The Villages by clicking here. There must be some members of Obama's campaign staff who wish Joe were at that retirement community in Florida right now instead of the number two guy on the ticket.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only thing we've heard from Gov. Palin in the last few days is what is recorded on video and Youtubed. I assume she isn't going to be allowed to talk to reporters or in front of people live til her speech.

M Theory said...

"This guy is steel"?

Isn't that kind of "gansta" for an old wrinkley white dude like Biden?

artfuggins said...

We havent heard that or anything else from Palin ..she hasn't been allowed to speak since she was announced as McCain's choice. We do have lots of news reports and interviews from the last few years and they are pretty scary.....I wonder if McCain just wanted a pretty face or if she will ever be allowed to speak. That is when the fun will begin.

Bart Lies said...

Nobody seems to get it. Palin is being held away from the mic until tonite. It builds suspense, it builds discussion. It's a crafty political technique. And guess, what? It's working. You're all talking about it. You're all going to tune in to listen.

7th CD guy said...

It would be nice if artwilsonfuggins46201 would not be allowed to type.
Wilsonfugginsallen46201, YOU'RE AN IDIOT