Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Eric Holcomb To Become First GOP Senate Candidate To Enter Race To Succeed Dan Coats

A man totally controlled by former Gov. Mitch Daniels, Eric Holcomb, is planning to announce his plans to seek the U.S. Senate seat now held by his current boss, Sen. Dan Coats. Holcomb just stepped down from his job running Sen. Coats' state office in order to mount a campaign for the seat now open in 2016 as a result of Coats' decision not to seek re-election. Holcomb is expected to have the same establishment folks behind him that his former boss, Mitch Daniels, counted on to put him in firm control of the state GOP apparatus for more than a decade.

Holcomb is a professional political hack. He worked as a campaign manager, aide and Indiana State Republican Party chairman under Daniels before joining Sen. Coats' district office staff. He has no strong ideological leanings at all, but he can be counted on to carry water for the political insiders who use the political process to enrich their personal fortunes.

A conservative favorite, State Sen. Mike Delph, is also weighing the possibility of entering the race. He currently serves as general counsel for CarDon & Associates, a provider of long-term health care services. Delph blogged of his interest in the Senate seat in commenting on Coats' retirement announcement.
In less than 24 hours, I have heard from supporters and well wishers from across the state of Indiana encouraging me to consider running for the United States Senate. I will be honest to let you know that I am interested in considering this opportunity. I know there are many "big names," both Democrat and Republican, that are in the mix. But I have been an underdog before and have proven time and time again that I know how to win even against steep odds, all the while holding firm to my beliefs and value system. This campaign, if I chose to enter it, would be no different. Faith, freedom, and family used to mean something in America and in Indiana. Now, according to the cultural and media elite, if you espouse such positions you are considered old fashion and politically incorrect. This needs to be confronted in this campaign.
It's been eleven years since I had the honor of serving the then 6th, now 5th Congressional District in the office of Congressman Burton. This indeed was one of my most memorable professional experiences as each and every day I was able to help a constituent with a problem. It is the reason why I serve in the Indiana Senate, to help people, ALL people. I have never turned away a request for help whether someone votes for me or not. It's the People's government and whoever is chosen by the people must have a servant's heart, not to mention a keen intellect.
As Beth and I pray and consider this with my 5 daughters, please know I love Indiana and I love America. As long as I am able I will fight for the values, ideals, and traditions that made America great and the beacon of hope, freedom, and opportunity that so many people from the rest of the world struggle and die to enter. Our America is worth fighting for, and I am a fighter! Thank you Coats family for allowing Dan to serve us! Thank you Marsha for allowing Dan to serve! Thank you Dan for being you and representing us all so well in Washington, DC!

10 comments:

Pointman said...

Who?

Anonymous said...

Bring in the DOJ before and not after. Should have been unseated during the Inside Job of 9/11 while serving of the faux commission.

Gary R. Welsh said...

Coats didn't serve on the 9/11 Commission. You have him confused with Lee Hamilton and Tim Roemer, the two Hoosiers who participated in that whitewash report.

Anonymous said...

You are correct 5:32 ON 5:27'S. What was his role then?

Anonymous said...

Jackie Wildhorsky
also expressed her
interest in the seat.

Anonymous said...

For some reason as I read what you quoted from Delph's blog I started thinking you, Gary, were the one considering a run for Senate, and it really made my day... Until I got to the last three sentences and I realized those couldn't be your words, which they weren't. I do wish you would consider running for office.

Thinker said...

I like Holcomb, and he's definitely a conservative.

Anonymous said...

Is Eric Holcomb just another RINO taking the wink and the nod from the establishment?

Anonymous said...

As one who watched and listened to Eric Holcomb up close and personal during the meetings, the dinners, the glad-handing just about anywhere in the Marion County and State GOP, I found Holcomb to be an ultimate self-server excelling at advancing his interests. He is definitely not a deep thinker nor is he a "Conservative Republican". Holcomb is far more like Karl Rove; Holcomb can mouth the words but he has no Conservative philosophical spine... he's one of those insider bureaucrats with a sublime talent to see which way the RINO wind is blowing and set his sails accordingly and change the sails on a dime when the winds shift. My take on Holcomb is that he would be one of those "R" candidates where campaigning has become little more than Republicans visiting their hand-picked "Republican grass roots" groups. "R" candidates who make the rounds to the various township groups locally/statewide far more often then going directly to the voters... where robo-calls and telephone rooms allow a candidate from having to go interact with voters while stooge workers are exhorted to "telephone banks" to bother voters with ineffective calls asking for votes.

From what I've seen, Eric Holcomb would be a lousy candidate, he's no where near as accomplished a speaker as his is in his own mind, he has little excitement about his persona, and he has all the sex appeal of celery. That being said, those are qualifications I'd say would cause Mike Pence to support him. And to be supported by the old, out of touch guys and guys in the GOP.

Anonymous said...

Eric Holcombs pollsters called me....trashed every other candidate who actually lives in the state....maybe Holcomb should be senator from dc (if they had one) because he isn't actually a Hoosier. He is A long time resident of dc and that isn't imo a rep for indiana