Thursday, March 26, 2015

Susan Brooks Ponders Senate Run


U.S. Rep. Susan Brooks sent out an e-mail to her friends and supporters just minutes after Rep. Young sent out his e-mail discussing a potential run for the seat now held by retiring Sen. Dan Coats. A crowded field of candidates in the 2012 Fifth District primary to fill the seat formerly held by Dan Burton paved the way for her election to Congress. Here's her message:
As you're by now aware, Senator Dan Coats announced on Tuesday that he will not seek re-election to the United States Senate in 2016. I'm sure that many of you, like me, had hoped to see him continue his service. I told him as much earlier in the year, but it is easy to understand his decision to forgo another campaign and pursue other endeavors. His commitment to Indiana and America, for nearly four decades, is the embodiment of leadership. His integrity and decency have been, and will remain, a model for anyone who chooses public service. On behalf of David and our family, I extend my thanks to Senator Coats and his wife, Marsha, for all they have done. 
Over the last 48 hours, I, like other Republican leaders across our state, have been receiving encouragement to consider running for this open seat. It's humbling to have that consideration and support, but as Senator Coats showed us with his deliberation over the last several months, it's not a decision to make quickly or lightly. So I wanted to share with you first, my friends and supporters who have invested so much in my campaigns and service in the House, that I will take some time in the near term to talk to Republicans around the state about what they are looking for in our nominee for 2016. We certainly want to continue the principled leadership that Senator Coats has practiced over his term.
Indiana Republicans are fortunate to have probably the deepest bench of capable leaders of any state in the country. That fact is not lost on me as I consider a candidacy that could put me up against some of my friends and colleagues who are also running or considering it. But a vigorous, well run primary, based on good ideas and focused on a constructive debate about the future of America, can be very beneficial to our party and our state.
Thank you again for all of your support over the last four years. If you have thoughts about this race or the 5th District, please feel free to email me at susan@susanbrooksforcongress.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

8 comments:

Eric Morris said...

I hereby declare my candidacy on this platform: A merger between the U.S. and Israel, with the capital in Jerusalem. That should get me some votes and AIPAC dollars.

Anonymous said...

Add the long list to the DOJ Integrity Division for background exposure of cover ups and lies to climb the ladder. This party is so disjunct is looks like hamsters in a cage all falling over one another on the spiraling wheel without prior knowledge that one of their own is stepping out while they all ponder the run. DOJ?

Anonymous said...

No. Oh no. No, no, no...

Anonymous said...

We don't need another liberal in the senate.

Anonymous said...

I would like her in the race only to draw attention to her husband's dealings. Maybe her running will help expose him.

Anonymous said...

Like "hamsters in a cage falling over one another" is the perfect analogy. Susan Brooks pulled the wool over voters in the Conservative 5th Congressional District fooling voters she was one of them which is a complete lie. From all reports in DC Susan "Mrs. David" Brooks is attached to RINO establishment Republican House Leader John Boehner's rib cage and she supports his establishment RINO Democrat friendly votes whenever she can and whenever she it told.

I believe most people familiar with David Brooks know who he is and what he is really all about- and it isn't "brightness and light" that for sure- but DB right now is Teflon. It will not take a Susan Brooks Senatorial candidacy to get his debauchery into the light of day. Rex Early got off scot free.... I hope not DB. DB is a very evil man from what I've personally witnessed and from what I've heard from reliable sources. Susie isn't all that far behind him.

Anonymous said...

I call Mrs. Brooks the Drone Queen, among other things like Miss Police State, NSA Sweetheart, Crony, etc.. When will all the old Republicans figure out that these ARE NOT GOOD PEOPLE??!

Anonymous said...

The people are getting very wise to the campaign like a conservative and lead like a liberal with Indiana Republicans,and it will show at the next election. Mark my words!!!