Thursday, March 26, 2015

Todd Young Ponders Senate Run


U.S. Rep. Todd Young confirms in an e-mail message to supporters and friends that he is pondering a run to fill the U.S. Senate seat current held by Sen. Dan Coats in seeking contributions for his campaign committee:
. . . Since he made his announcement, I've received countless emails, voicemails, and text messages from Hoosiers like you encouraging me to run for that Senate seat. Your support has been overwhelming, and I can't thank you enough for the kind words over the past few days. Running for the U.S. Senate is a big decision, but it is something that Jenny and I are prayerfully considering and working through as a family.
Because this is such a big decision, I'm not ready to decide anything today. When I am ready to make an announcement, though, I want you to be one of the first to know. Just text YOUNG to 67463 to get my Senate announcement, whatever it may be, via text message as soon as it's made.
In addition, March 31 is the first FEC deadline of this election cycle. No matter what I decide, this is a crucial deadline for all candidates. While my family and I work through this process, I have less time to focus on fundraising. Can you help us remain in a position of strength by making a secure, online contribution today of $5, $10 or $25? It would really mean a lot to us at this time.
Thanks again for all your support over the years, and for your encouragement this week. We'll make an announcement about the future in due time.

No comments: