Friday, September 12, 2014

Darn, Evan Won't Run For Governor In 2016


This is such disappointing news. Evan Bayh's announcement that he will not be donating four more years of his precious life to serve as governor again by giving up the multi-million dollar income he earns annually from several sources in payment for services rendered from his twenty years as an Indiana governor and U.S. senator has just spoiled our week. We were so looking forward to having the spoiled brat and the ditzy blonde wife he pimped like a street whore to corporations as a professional board member despite the fact she had zero business experience to help amass the couple's immense wealth grace our lives again. Reach for the barf bag as you read his statement:
“Over the years I’ve been asked whether I would seek the Governorship again. The inquiries and encouragement have accelerated in recent months regarding a possible candidacy in 2016," Bayh said in a prepared statement. "After serious consideration, I have decided that I will not be a candidate for Governor in 2016. I hope that my decision will enable others to step forward and offer their ideas for making Indiana an even better place to live, work and raise a family."
"I remain committed to helping Hoosiers and the state I love. There are many ways to help people and serve the public, and I look forward to pursuing them in the days and years to come," he said. "Susan, Beau, and Nick join me in expressing our profound gratitude to the many Hoosiers who have blessed us with their friendship and support.”
I've never forgotten the story a former Washington lobbyist once told me about how lobbyists pejoratively referred to his father, Birch, and Vance Hartke when they served as Indiana's two U.S. senators as "Buy And Bought." Like father, like son. The Bayhs of Washington are nothing like the Bayhs of Shirkieville my family called friends. Funny how Washington has a way of corrupting people. Let's face it, Evan. You and Susan couldn't stand living another day with the rubes who call Indiana their home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still, things were better under Evan and O'Bannon than Daniels and Pence.

Pete Boggs said...

Arguably, government & taxes have grown under reap-ublican "leadership."