- Bush has lost control of the federal budget
- Bush has become something of an embarrassment
- No president has looked this impotent this long
- When it comes to federal spending, George W. Bush is the boy who can't say no
- Little in the character of demeanor of Al Gore or George Bush makes us say to ourselves: Now, this man is truly special!
- On the policy side, he has become a classical dime-store Democrat.
Press Secretary Tony Snow should have no trouble defending the embattled President Bush as his chief spokesman. If he can convince the President to hire him after saying all those bad things about him, he should have no trouble selling his message to the White House press corp. Maybe?