Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Meet Your Next IMPD Officer


"Meet your next American Idol" were the words IMPD recruit Alisha Bernhardt wanted to hear two years ago when she was a contestant on the Fox talent show. She's settling for the words, "Meet your next IMPD officer," as the Star reports on one of the 60 new recruits enlisted to be a part of IMPD's first recruit class in three years. Bernhardt, a former IPS officer, had tried unsuccessfully on previous occasions to become an IMPD officer over the past nine years. "I told myself this was going to be the last time. I was going to go all out," said Bernhardt, 30, a former Indianapolis Public Schools police officer and former contestant on "American Idol." "I actually did make it this time, and this is going to be where I stay forever."

No comments: