Lack of financial support was the “overriding factor” Croddy cited for his decision to drop out of the race. Croddy said he hopes his early decision to drop out of the race will “encourage another candidate to put their hat into the ring soon.” Croddy listed several potential candidates he would support including the following:
- State Senator Murray Clark
- State Senator Teresa Lubbers
- State Representative Robert Behning
- Local Attorney Tobin McClamroch
- Past Indiana Securities Commissioner James Joven
- Past Marion County Coroner John McGoff
Noticeably absent from the list was the other GOP mystery candidate who goes by the initials “RSR” and about whom little is known.
Advance Indiana took Croddy to task earlier this year for anti-gay bigoted literature he was disseminating in support of his candidacy. To his credit Croddy seemed to take the criticism to heart. I guess we won’t have Bob Croddy to kick around anymore.